POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? : Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Oct 2001 15:29:13
Message: <8ggest0csvmmrpde95q3eb4gnpp561742k@4ax.com>
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:54:58 -0400, Glen Berry <7no### [at] ezwvcom>
wrote:

>Chris had no other choice? Microsoft made it that way?
>
>That's nonesense!

That nonsense has been agreed upon in private discussions between the
Team, TAG and IIRC the pre-beta testers before even the beta was out
(maybe even at the alpha stage). There are no up-to-date development
tools or converters for the old help format, and there are a lot of
bugs in it, and the last patch was released years ago (1996 I think).
Of course one can't please everyone, and that counts for software
developers even more, but the people involved in POV-Ray development
are trying to please as many as possible. Would you rather make
*everyone*, including the Team, cope with MicroSoft's archaic & buggy
software, than hold your horses for just a while?

As of generic HTML, can you point two browsers that render a page the
same way? Me, I can't... and I used to pass for a web designer.

One thing is sure, when 3.5 is out of beta, the docs will be available
in other formats. So, once again, please hold your horses.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg