POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cathy's World #2 : Re: Cathy's World #2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cathy's World #2
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Apr 2007 04:34:06
Message: <8f7m23th1pldnlb0546j45g0f5u7d8tllf@4ax.com>
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:12:37 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>could you develop this a bit more, please?

LOL

In ready made dynamic clothing props you are likely to find that certain parts
have predefined materials. If for instance you want to make a bow as a "Soft
Decorative Group" you will probably find that it has its own material. It is
easier to select the vertices this way than do it manually. I find that it is
easier to subtract the points that you don't want than to add then as it is only
too easy to pick vertices behind the target. I have been using this method to
pick a Constrained Group round the neck of my dress. (Not MY dress but my
model's dress :-) the collar just happens to be two vertices deep.
One point to note is, if you save your work with the "Hide other objects"
checked then the poser figure becomes invisible at the body parts level. Very
annoying!

Regards
	Stephen