POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Anti-aliasing : Re: Anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-aliasing
Date: 2 Apr 2002 13:19:27
Message: <8atjauoiokuh7am873r6bckplh6bs3go5v@4ax.com>
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:14:35 +0200, "Norbert Kern"
<nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "W?odzimierz ABX Skiba" <abx### [at] babilonorg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> > not exactly blur but uses general method for such kind of effects:
> > http://news.povray.org/p8r76u08vo673fksp4jaks59h2au3bppkb%404ax.com
> >
> > ABX
>
> thanx, but I thought more in the direction of a seperate pass for
> postprocessing with Pov-Ray.
> It is because proximity pattern is extremely useful in some cases, but it is
> slow.

as I said I wasn't reffering to usefulnes of proximity in the subject of this
thread but reffered to general method of applying filters - sampling one pattern
(image_map, object pattern, whatever), then apply some weighting/equation,
subsample if necessary, output new rgb

ABX