POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Loneliness WIP, Closeup : Re: Loneliness WIP, Closeup Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness WIP, Closeup
From: Mike Williams
Date: 10 Aug 2002 16:51:40
Message: <8VzUIFAdxXV9Ewz1@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Robert J Becraft who wrote:
>O.K.  I read the tutorial...sorta makes sense.  So to do what Iva said, I'd
>modify the OBJUVPOV.png file adjusting the alpha channel for the eyelashes
>to only trace the lashes themselves?

It would probably be easier to obtain a copy of "translash.jpg" from
DigitalBabes <http://digitalbabes2.com/>, which contains a suitable
transparency map for the eyelashes of the P4 female model. Scale it to
the same size as the texture map you're using as OBJUVPOV.png and load
it into its alpha channel.

>??? Correct?  Can PSP V3 do that?  I have a really old version of PSP.

All it needs to be able to do is handle PNG alpha channels. I don't have
a version of PSP that old, so I can't check.

While you're at it, it wouldn't hurt to use one of the DigitalBabes hair
pieces that come with transparency maps. They're an awful lot more
realistic than the hair that comes with P4.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure