POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Architexture is there now : Re: Architexture is there now Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architexture is there now
From: Rev  Bob 'Bob' Crispen
Date: 20 Oct 2000 23:03:40
Message: <8FD3E9C64revbob@204.213.191.228>
The kindly Rev. overheard cro### [at] alleganisdorg (Chuck Roberts)
saying on 06 Oct 2000:

>Architexture is a POV material editor for Windows 9x. It supports
>pigments, normals, finishes, color maps, interior/media, normal
>maps, density maps, and even fog.
>
>It's free and can be found at:
>http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ute/
>Thank you!

A couple of things, and mind you, I just fired it up.

First, when I installed ArchFull I got a warning that the program
couldn't access msvcrt40.dll in C:\windows\system\.  I think it's a
horrifically bad idea to try to replace that file unless you're
absolutely sure you're replacing it with a newer version.  I'd
appreciate it if you could look into that, if only to make the warning
less upsetting.  I have reason to believe that my DLLs were the latest
before I installed Architexture, and if you've managed to hose my system
by installing old DLLs, I'm gonna be plenty ticked off.

Second, I think I'm badly in need of a help file to figure out how to
make it work.  I can't get it to do a thing.  If you can jot down a few
notes about how to get started, I'll volunteer to make you a WinHelp or
HTMLhelp file -- I've got the compilers for both of them, and have done
one of each so far.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly.  It should be
thrown with great force.  - Dorothy Parker