POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) : Re: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu)
From: ingo
Date: 12 Sep 2000 18:16:19
Message: <8FAE9039seed7@204.213.191.228>
Gilles Tran wrote:

>It uses some of the recently gained radiosity knowledge posted in this
>group (Arnold settings and outdoors lighting particularly). There's only
>one light source, coming from the window. Everything else is indirect
>lighting. Balancing the light was difficult. I ended up raising the
>brightness to 2 and lowering the Kari Kivisalo light intensity.
>Assumed_gamma is 1. It took 4 hours to render on a PIII 733 at 800*600
>aa 0.3.

In Simons Garden I used a somewhat simmilar setup with the following
settings:
global_settings {
   ini_option "+qr"
   ini_option "+sp16"
   ini_option "+ep4"
   assumed_gamma 1.0
   radiosity {
      count 150
      nearest_count 15
      error_bound 1
      recursion_limit 5
      low_error_factor 0.5
      gray_threshold 0.0
      minimum_reuse 0.015
      brightness 1.0
      max_sample 1
      adc_bailout 0.01/1
   }
}
All artifacts on the window-wall are a result of the compression and not
in the original tga. I used scattering media in the window, it has a big
influence on the lightning result of the room.

Newsgroups: povray.binaries.images
Subject: Simons Garden (~75kB)
Date: 15 Dec 1999 13:02:37 -0500

Ingo