POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image Quality : Re: Image Quality Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Quality
From: ingo
Date: 6 Jul 2000 11:26:25
Message: <8F69B278Dseed7@204.213.191.228>
GrimDude wrote:

>I think that recent updates to Pov have extended the possibilities
>tremendously, and made the process faster to learn. Computers are faster,
>and thankfully getting faster still, and this makes more impressive
>imaginings, or complex scenes, renderable.

Computer power helps, but I don't think it's the trigger for better
images. The new options in MegaPov play a bigger role. The exploration
leads to unexpected forms/shapes that lead to images "not seen before".

Even more important is the healthy "competition" that every now and then
emerges. "Hey I can do that too/different/better/..." Look at the twisted
tori and grass threads. Pushing ech other, builing on each others code and
thus learning and improving.

Ingo