POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! : Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!!
From: lavender
Date: 28 Jun 2000 12:31:39
Message: <8F617F84Elavendersmith@204.213.191.228>
Computers have been networked not for a long time. The internet is almost
every where. If programs are not written for networks they might as well
stay in dos. They will not be of use. Povray is know for doing things that
other programs can not yet. But Povray in all of its power can not even
brake up the image into chunks and pass those to nodes to render and return
the part of the image. This IS a simple venture. I have built an external
system to do just this but it is clumsey. Even simpler is to send frames
out to different systems. This would help also. This is something the
povray team should have already done. I know the program is free but honer
and pride in work along with integraty should have driven them to write a
completely modern application. As for money they can talk to me about that.