POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my planet part 3, several pics : Re: my planet part 3, several pics Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my planet part 3, several pics
From: Rich
Date: 27 Jun 2000 19:13:44
Message: <8F60A3870spammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
rco### [at] yahoocom (ryan constantine) wrote in
<39588F3E.DF1AB860@yahoo.com>:
>ambient is zero.  the one light source is a circular 3by3 area light
>with orient on. there is no light behind the planet.  radiosity was on.
>nearly all of the pictures i've seen lately of our planet show faint
>details on the dark side just like the small pic from first contact.  i

  Um, if you're basing this on real life, don't forget that the moon is a
very big secondary source of light.  Plenty of light to illuminate clouds,
maybe enough to show a reflection of the moon in the ocean if nothing else
in the shot washes it out.  The CGI movie shots you mention probably took
that into account.

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)