POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments : Re: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments
From: Rich
Date: 21 Jun 2000 19:25:08
Message: <8F5AB3D61spammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
bai### [at] itsaucsfedu (Harold Baize) wrote in <395127e9$1@news.povray.org>:

>I'd suggest some ports or "windows" or other hardware so it
>doesn't resemble a potted plant in space.

Well, there will definately be various hardware plastered around the thing,
eventually, but I thought I should get the main texture working first.
Window, well, that would be a problem.  The entire middle section, between
the torii that hold the scoop arms, rotates to provide gravity, so any
windows in that part of the station would be in the floor.  And SMALL!!
This thing is a couple kilometers long.  <smile>

>Not that I don't like it :-), but I think that would help.

Thanks!

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)