POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Procedural texture help... : Re: Procedural texture help... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedural texture help...
From: Rich
Date: 20 Jun 2000 23:03:17
Message: <8F59DF54Bspammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom (H.E. Day) wrote in
<394EE261.5F2FF308@heday.freeservers.com>:

>Some thing you might want to look at:
>The warp {shape} (where shape is a spherical, toroidal, or cylindrical
>warp) Put this at the end of the pigment statement.  A word of warning,
>however.  You MUST decrease the scale of the pigment before doing this.
>For example: scale <1,1,1/200>
>warp {cylindrical}

  Thanks!  The cylindrical warp has really helped, here is a butchered
version of the HullTexture that I'm still fiddling with:

#declare HullTexture = texture {
  pigment {
    crackle metric 1
    color_map {
      [0.0 rgb 0.6]
      [0.2 rgb <0.8,0.6,0.3>]
      [0.4 rgb <0.5,0.5,0.8>]
      [1.0 rgb 0.8]
    }
  }
  scale .06
  warp {cylindrical}
}

  You can try it out on a torus, like so (from the middle of my space
station):

torus  { 1.9, .5   scale <1,4.4,1> texture {HullTexture} }

WIP posted to images, I hope.  Any improvements will be very welcome!

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)