POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My livingroom : Re: My livingroom Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My livingroom
From: Glen Berry
Date: 21 Feb 2000 09:35:41
Message: <8EixOA59knCNh=WAR5GceW9Cd1s6@4ax.com>
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:20:30 -0600, "Bob Hughes"
<omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

>Looks pretty good to me.  What cought my attention was the white lamp light
>together with this late afternoon or morning sunlight shining in.  Maybe should
>be a incandescent yellow-white light.

Yeah, I didn't even notice the light from the lamp at first. It
blended in a little too much. If you aren't using light fading on the
desk lamp, you should. Making it a yellowish or orangish color
compared to the sunlight is also a good idea as Bob suggested. If
there are any incandescent ceiling lights in the room, they should get
the same treatment. Of course, if it any of them had been flourescent
lights, they should get a sickly greenish cast.

If the main illumination inside the room is window light, then the
room should probably have a bluish or perhaps cyan cast. Why? Because
most of the light coming into the room is actually coming from the
sky, (and a bit from those green trees), and not directly from  the
sun itself. (I'm assuming a relatively blue sky outdoors.) That nice
patch of sunlight on the floor should *not* get the bluish cast
however, since it's primary illumination is direct sunlight. Anything
lit by direct sunlight should probably be lit by a neutral white
light.

I have a question about those two chairs. Does they look mismatched in
size to you, or is it just me? They seem to be modeled well.

Overall, I like this image quite a bit and hope to see more work like
this from you. It makes me want to render *my* house and see how
realistic I can make it.

Later,
Glen Berry