POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane : Re: My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane
From: ingo
Date: 2 Mar 2000 08:54:16
Message: <8EEB9BC33seed7@204.213.191.228>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>- Photon mapping (unfortunately almost invisible)

I struggle with this phenomena a lot.
Tried making a picture of a photo floating in a white whashing-tray. The
caustics of the water are almost invisible.
When I do this in the real world in my darkroom, the caustics are very
visible. It seems the eye can adjust for brightness levels. Pov-Ray can
not.

Nathan: Is it possible to make the photon intensity variable so they are
not only visible in shaded areas but also in bright surroundings?

Ingo