POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : format for documentation : Re: format for documentation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format for documentation
From: Rich
Date: 26 Jan 2000 13:12:20
Message: <8EC778A55spammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
rmu### [at] t-onlinede (Ralf Muschall) wrote in <388E4B7E.2DAE21BC@t-
online.de>:

>Nathan Kopp schrieb:
>
>> I guess I worded that poorly.  I was hoping for answers like:
>>   "I use unix, and I'd like _____."
>> or
>>   "I use Windows, and I'd like ______."

    	I use Windows, Amiga, Lynix and Mac.  HTML would be my choice above
all others!  <smile>  I really don't see how HTML is a bad choice for
printing.  All it takes is a bit of pre-planning; put each page in a fixed
width table, so the format when printed will look exactly like the format
on screen, and make sure each page will fit on a printed page.  Use this
template for every page, and all you have to worry about is what to write,
not how to format it.
    	Hyperlinks are, by far, more important to me than pretty printouts
anyway.  If you want to get fancy, some simple scripts can be created to do
searches on the HTML pages that will work on any modern browser.  But a
well thought out contents page is fine.

Rich