From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 13 Apr 2011 22:55:20
Message: <87aaftfsno.fsf@fester.com>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> writes:

> On 12/04/2011 10:06 PM, Warp wrote:
>>    Following this from abroad, I don't know if this should be amusing or
>> frightening...
>
> And apparently the results are conclusive:
>
> http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/pdf/2005-11.pdf
>
> America is the most religious first-world country, and it also has the
> highest rates of crime, poor health, etc.

Highest rates of crime? Doubt it. The paper just speaks of homicide. IF
you look at violent crime where no one dies, other industrialized
countries are worse off, based on the statistics. I suspect some
fiddling around with the definition of "violent" is at play, but
still...

Homicides have more to do with a certain amendment than with religious
beliefs.