POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Effects : Re: Media Effects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Effects
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 7 Nov 2002 01:33:11
Message: <8067947.E11drtPbq7@3-e.net>
Timothy R. Cook wrote:

> Michael DiDonato wrote:
>> I have been using POVray for a while but one thing that really mystifies
>> me is the media function. Are there any good tutorial out there? At this
>> point I can't even get a glowing sphere.
>
> Three words: trial and error.

Surely in the n-dimensional space defined by the relevant variables there
are "hot spots" that can be used as starting points?
I wonder if this is true of all function parameter sets?
The trick is to find a good way of describing and classifying these hot
spots or attractors. A way of breeding and mixing them would be a very
powerful tool! Imagine the libraries that could be added to the next povray
distribution if a few of the experts started to map out some of this
parameter space.

--
Your connection failed because: The POP server is out of Coke