POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : proximity/blur pattern finally adjusted : Re: proximity/blur pattern finally adjusted Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: proximity/blur pattern finally adjusted
Date: 7 Mar 2002 12:36:48
Message: <7v8f8ug59m2knattpgto3odo4s20t5fo3g@4ax.com>
On Thu, 07 Mar 2002 12:28:54 -0500, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
wrote:
> > Inside/outside - remember it's pattern/function so I don't use trace at all
>
> Then it won't work for "any finite object". For example, it won't work
> for triangles or bezier patches. Or rather, it would work, but by the
> definition of the effect, the result will always be 0, because those
> shapes have no volume.

You catch me for language details and I'm poor in such discussion. I'm working
on specialized usage for beveling and my macro works on 2D cross section on xy
plane. It use bounding to precise area of working.

> And why doesn't it work for infinite shapes?

Bocouse I don't see any reason to bevel infinite shapes :-)

> Seems like it'd just not be
> as well optimized, it would think it is always inside the bounding box.

Bounding box is not an element of optimization. It is specification for image
function area.

ABX