POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finished!! (224Kbu) : Re: Finished!! (224Kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finished!! (224Kbu)
From: Alan Kong
Date: 1 May 2000 07:48:30
Message: <7rqqgskum0cq0e0m26gmtacb8i3vai8a04@4ax.com>
On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:56:27 -0700 "H.E. Day"
<The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

>Yes indeedy.  I be done.  I don't think I can wait two weeks for
>feedback, so I'd like to request the ng's comments.  Please comment!!

  Very nice work, H.E.! I wouldn't be too concerned with comparisons of
other artists' work. That would be like saying which individual piece of
music makes one classical composer better than another. I prefer to
critique someone's work on its own merits.

  I like the overall lighting of the scene. Looks like an early morning
roundup of the City's derelicts (for lack of a nicer term). On my
monitor it's hard to make out the hunched figure wearing the A's cap
unless I crank up the gamma, though. Could be a scene out of "Blade
Runner", although most outdoor scenes in that movie took place at night.

  Keep up the good work.