POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : "Photo realistic" motion, animation extension : Re: "Photo realistic" motion, animation extension Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Photo realistic" motion, animation extension
From: Peter Popov
Date: 30 Jun 2001 01:19:36
Message: <7rnqjtg59gjejoa0m12r44sa8qgphupk89@4ax.com>
Eric,

I asked myself the same question quite some time ago. The answer is,
yes, it is possible, but it is quite memory- and cpu-intensive. I have
bitten the bullet and chose such a project for my BEng thesis, and it
(or a portion of it worth a BEng :) ) will be ready by September, when
my advisor comes back from Germany.

Don't expect much, though. I'm done with the stress & strain code,
collisions should take about two or three weeks, but there won't be
much more to it that. Internal forces (stresses), external forces
(gravity etc.), deformations and collisions are all it will handle. I
have plans to extend it to model more complex stuff, but that will
come later.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg