POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wings question : Re: Wings question Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:41:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings question
From: bob
Date: 24 Dec 2004 17:56:39
Message: <7res92-sr9.ln1@titanic.thefleet>
Bryan Valencia wrote:
> First, the POV Exporter is a plugin that I can't use - WINZIP says it's a
> bad tar file (I always new tar was bad for me).

the pov exported exports to a .pov file.  Dunno where you are
getting .tar from.  When next you try to export (not Save, but
Export), explicitely type a ".pov" when you enter the file name.

> Second, it seems to like creating various Popsicle-hedrons, which look
> nothing like the "cool-spaceship-ahedron" I have in my head. Is there a

If you look at the .pov code that the wings3d exporter puts out,
you will see that it is exported surface normals.  wings3d lieks
things to be all smooth and rounded and it uses surface normals
during export to do this.  Simply remove the normal_indexes (or
whatever it is called, wings 3d is not on this machine yet) lines
and then you should be good to go in povray.