POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : marbles - [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: jpg version Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpg version
From: IMBJR
Date: 7 Mar 2004 07:14:03
Message: <7k4m40p7fktdqgdv0rbhm3tnr26f1od5od@4ax.com>
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 13:40:22 +0200, "Severi Salminen"
<sev### [at] NOT_THISsibafi> wrote:

>> >introducing artifacts that deface your image is ridiculous.  You are free
>>
>> If that is ridiculous, then see the attachment. I think you will find
>> it is your statement that is ridiculous. Hopefully, you are not so far
>> back in the stone-age that you cannot view a PNG formatted image.
>
>All I saw was artifacts in the JPEF image caused by too low quality setting.
>Increase the setting and the artifacts can be mostly eliminated. And there
>is no "drop in colour-depth" when viewed with 99,99% of current videocards.

That's because the person who posted the JPEG decided to effectly
deface the image with use of shoddy compression settings. The impudent
cheek!

READ THE THREAD FIRST. Bloody hell. I'm also talking about gradient
banding here. Get the facts in first, eh? Colour depth is not much of
an issue here because of the hardware, but gradient banding is.

>Severi

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com