POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : rare conic prism bug : Re: rare conic prism bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rare conic prism bug
Date: 8 Feb 2002 11:08:34
Message: <7gt76ugumobnrk0rnogdt6doj9aglhvsic@4ax.com>
On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:50:03 +0100, SciBorg <tck### [at] irrwerkde> wrote:
> [Question] Which kind of experimentation should be done to proof, that
> it is not just a silly annoying precision problem ?

Unfortunatelly I've experimented with your report and I must say it is
possible it's not a bug. Rotation is internally represented as matrix. Or
rather two matrixes: normal and inverted transformation. This inverted
transformation is applied to ray during intersection test.
Orthogonal camera type sends parallel rays. Note: bug disappeare when camera
is changed to perspective. I have also found strange behaviour for torus in
orthogonal view.

ABX