POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 2 Problems with Megapov .5 : Re: 2 Problems with Megapov .5 Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 Problems with Megapov .5
From: Glen Berry
Date: 18 May 2000 08:35:32
Message: <7OIjOV2O4TFDfWbrkies5Hgdc5j2@4ax.com>
On 18 May 2000 03:53:24 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  I have measured this, and (to my surprise) the MSVC compile of WinPov
>renders a bit faster than any DOS compile when there's no need for swapping
>or when both have to swap.

Unless I'm mistaken, not everyone can run the MSVC compile. Doesn't
that require a recent model of Pentium processor to work properly?

>Of course when the scene uses just as much memory
>to need swapping in windows but not in DOS, there may be a difference in
>favor of the DOS compile, but I think it's a rarer situation.

This is *exactly* the situation I was referring to. It isn't nearly as
rare as you make it sound. It has happened to me several times.

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )