POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Grapes of Math... : Re: The Grapes of Math... Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Grapes of Math...
From: Mike Williams
Date: 16 Aug 2002 20:52:53
Message: <7LH1PEAE2ZX9EwjA@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Tom Melly who wrote:
>"Dan Byers" <goo### [at] huntelnet> wrote in message
>news:B9819E7A.385%goo### [at] huntelnet...
>> sorry, couldn't resist :)
>>

>Very nice - are you just attaching one image to each post? In outlook, two
>attachments show up but only one is readable.

It looks to me like Mac data that hasn't been unforked.

If you post an image from a Mac without unforking it, then a Windows
user will see two files with the same name. One file is the fork and the
other file is the image data. The fork is completely meaningless to a
Windows user.

If your newsreader displays MIME types, you can see that one file has
MIME type "application/applefile" and the other has type "image/jpeg".

When posting images to a newsgroup, it makes sense to avoid posting the
fork because it confuses Windows users and wastes space.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure