POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of fame proposals : Re: Hall of fame proposals Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of fame proposals
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jan 2009 04:06:28
Message: <78vqn49kds4g46uoadvtsodmddq01rq1oq@4ax.com>
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:59:29 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

>... I don't know if what I say is hard to understand or I'm being *ignored*
>
>I just said there's nothing wrong with using other tools, definitely nothing
>wrong with using meshes in your scene. But I wouldn't "vote" for a scene
>that was made *entirely* in other programs and fed to POV-Ray, using it as
>just a raytracer; because it's *not* just a raytracer.

What about a scene that is made in Moray or Biship3D? They are modellers that
are specifically made for PovRay and pass SDL to Pov. Do you think that only
hand coded scenes should be considered for the HOF?
--

Regards
     Stephen