POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Loveletters WIP? : Re: Loveletters WIP? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loveletters WIP?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 20 Jan 2002 05:26:21
Message: <785l4u0tjhd52cg78pk1vtpnokstu8eqj5@4ax.com>
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:15:51 +0100, Tim Nikias <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>Second: "Just friends" is in my oppinion no excuse. Okay, sometimes you do
>fall in love with someone whom you don't really know, and she knows you
>even less, cause she's not interested (doh!) ;)

The former, dunno, the latter - well, I've had my fair share :)

>Though I haven't had that experience very often (since I don't fall in
>love very easily), I think that when you know her and she knows you better
>than just "by look", she means what she says: just friends, since there's
>no room for more!

LOL, if she only knew my 'by look' she'd shun me like the plague :)
What I actually meant was the 'just friends' excuse for getting
dumped, which I've also had my fair share of.

>I don't know if girls/women would agree, but I suppose that the text I
>chose isn't too bad. I didn't want it to be read like "the man's view of the
>typical female excuse", so I put at least some more thought onto what words
>and phrases I use than on the actual loveletter.

I apologize if I misunderstood your intents, I guess I'm somewhat
biased atm.

>Regarding the "neat handwriting": I guessed that most would put a lot of
>effort on a loveletter, at least I always did...

I also always did and it has always looked as if I had a blind shot at
Chinese while intoxicated, and holding the brush with my left foot. I
ended up typing them and firing up whatever design skills I had.
(Didn't really work as expected as all I got back were letters just as
Lynn's. At least I learned a rare piece of lore - to appreciate girl
friends even more than girlfriends. Guess I'm odd.) Just as Nick did,
come to think of it :))

As a footnote, does anyone have *working* code for a cupid-type heart
isoosurface (the poly ain't good enough)? I might as well give my idea
a try.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg