POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moonbase : Re: moonbase Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moonbase
From: Pete
Date: 3 Sep 2000 20:00:40
Message: <723.280T1364T8074889PeterC@nym.alias.net>
Christoph wrote ...

>The dome tiling looks good, but i don't really like the red planet's color.

        Thanks: the dome tiling is a macro.
        Red is a difficult color to work with.  Hmm ... maybe
blue ... that always looks good.

>BTW, what program did you use to generate the heightfield ?

        Standard Official Povray 3.1, outputting a 24-bit TGA
containing 16-bit data.  I use the spherical pigment with
a color map (clear to white to clear) to make the rim of the
crater.  That looks way too regular, so under that pigment I
have a bozo pigment. The interaction of the two layers  is
like the photoshop "multiply" mode.  (in other words, the
sphere pigment masks out the bozo into a crater shape)

Peter