POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240) : Re: Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volumetric Non-media clouds (320x240)
From: Alan Kong
Date: 18 Apr 2000 20:28:50
Message: <6tupfs0k3htgd3mtsij966bsokna2tb3t4@4ax.com>
On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:18:11 -0700 "SamuelT." <STB### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>Sorry! I can only guess at what I used. Try something like this:

>camera{location<0,5,-10> look_at 0 rotate y*-35}
>light_source{<200, 100, -50>,1}

  Thanks, Samuel. Earlier, I placed a camera and lightsource in your
scene and it rendered nicely but not nearly as nice as your originally
posted image, hence the reason I was curious. No sweat, just trying to
keep from getting too rusty...

>Pov is *the* best program I have ever
>used. Allowing everyone to access the code and change it has helped it
>become even better.

  It's very gratifying to the POV-Team when people come up with novel
ways to use both the official version and MegaPOV. First, it gives
others inspiration to keep creating new images and it also vindicates
the use of the various patches that people write for the benefit of
others. Thanks for your participation.