POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mega-POV Post-Processing Request : Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request
From: Glen Berry
Date: 23 Apr 2000 22:41:09
Message: <6rEDOSgUj1saLWQcNmMbValfG6+w@4ax.com>
On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:51:08 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>In article <zYkDOZ6hKlr2Xr8dlLPSSqLahxcl@4ax.com>, Glen Berry
><7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote:
>
>> This sounds like the idea I have, except you are suggesting creating
>> some "presets" to cover the more common applications.
>
>Actually, I was thinking of putting almost everything into a "film_type"
>post process filter, which would do different things depending on it's
>parameters. However, it might be better to make several separate but
>similar filters...

My first idea was the more general method of supplying custom
parameters to achieve a given result. Perhaps to even include a
"formula parser" that would allow the end-user to enter a unique
formula for the effect desired.

A list of parameters or formulas that are known to produce interesting
results should be included with the patch, just to get people started.
They can always try their own values or formulas, after experimenting
with the samples provided with the patch.

Later,
Glen Berry