POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Blow up! (230kbu) : Re: Blow up! (230kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blow up! (230kbu)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 15 Mar 2002 01:45:16
Message: <6q539ugofq3nmfptllmfj2b40ka0vk31pt@4ax.com>
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:29:38 +0100, "Rune"
<run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

>Isn't super sonic related to sound and thus invisible to the naked eye? If
>so, I'm not interested, but if not, then I'd be very interested. :)

When breaking the Mach 1, the body generating the sound waves moves
*with* the waves which accounts for some very interesting physical
phenomena, not the least of which is rapid condensation of water at
the wavefront, which can be seen in the famous photo of a Tomcat (I
think) going at Mach 1.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg