POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? : Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr= Server Time
6 Oct 2024 21:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr=
From: ABX
Date: 12 Nov 2002 03:14:33
Message: <6nb1tugb9bpfi0cu58du57k4vehlbd55pc@4ax.com>
On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:43:46 EST, "normdoering" <nor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> However, I'm looking at this from a user's perspective, not a programmers.

But this is 'povray.programming' group.

If POVRAY could be outdated, slow and not efficent why manufacturers use it to
proof their computers/processors are fast ? What happened with that code
delivered from Intel and introduced in 3.5 ?

Can you start scripts from Corel to achive something on Amiga without
additional tools ? Would it be possible to create macro by macro online ?

Would it be safe to start compiled plugin ? Can you promise nobody would use
it for viruses ? If you can write plugin in Pascal/C why can't you write it as
separate application for your own and it put it in Tools menu of POV-Ray. It
can ask you for inputs and put output in Clipboard so you can put it into POV
editor with simple Ctrl+V.

Note we are here platform independant community. I know what OS use Warp only
becouse of off-topic group, and I know what OS use Christopher James Huff
becouse he had site with mac in url, but for example I never know what OS
currently use Christoph Hormann or Peter Popov becouse I don't need to know.
We can share our knowledges and sources becouse povray is _well_written_
platform independant application. I recently counted 3.5 was sucesfully
compiled with about 7 compilers on different platforms and I have two next to
try.

Note also plugin idea is not new as mentioned earlier. Look what this funny :)
person wrote four years ago: http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/16984/
And you know what ? He is now in povray team and he still not introduced
pluging system. He must be just lazy.... ;-)

ABX