POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : NURBS & PovRay? : Re: NURBS & PovRay? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS & PovRay?
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 12 Jun 1998 12:43:08
Message: <6lrlot$src$1@oz.aussie.org>
ahur Krouverk wrote in message <358148A8.A516C2F7@fv.aetec.ee>...
>Sorry, if my ideas don't make sense, I am not firm in field of curves
>and surfaces, but if I take this challenge, then things will change
>(hopefully).

I am no math-wizard either and the task you are heading for would be too
much for me.

But giving POV-Ray the ability to trace NURBS as primitives (probably even
in CSGs???) would make it stand out among the competition even more than it
already does. A great to-hope-for feature! Go for it!

Johannes.