POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : tranparent objects : Re: tranparent objects Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:11:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tranparent objects
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 5 Jun 1998 13:53:51
Message: <6l9bbf$4hs$2@oz.aussie.org>
Michael Lundahl <d93### [at] efdlthse> wrote:
: Avoid merge.

  Why? If I have understood correctly, merge is as fast as union (the only
difference is that the inner surfaces are ignored; this is easyly done
by counting hits on exterior and interior of objects, ie. each time you
hit an object from outside, increase the counter; each time you hit the
object from inside, decrease the counter; ignore all the surfaces you hit
if the counter is >0 after the decrementation or if the counter is >1 after
the incrementation; I suppose povray uses this method, although I'm not sure).

--
                                                              - Warp. -