POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : motion blur : Re: motion blur Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: motion blur
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 2 Jun 1998 12:42:31
Message: <6l1a1n$7r2$1@oz.aussie.org>
Cliff Bowman <c.b### [at] viginduffnetuk> wrote:
: I belive Daves Targa Animator (dta) is supposed to be able to provide
: motion blur by merging two or more renders with objects moved between
: - but I've never seen it work. Maybe you should try it if you're using
: a PC?

  I made this image using that technique (ie. calculated frames and averaged
them): http://www.iki.fi/warp/pics/Takeoff.jpg
  DTA was unable to handle 40 640x480 pictures. I had to make a little program
to average the images. Maybe I'll post the program here if someone explains
me the uncompressed targa format (I converted the images to raw format with
alchemy for my program).
  Man, it was slow to calculate 40 images! (1h 39min per image in my 486 66MHz)

--
                                                              - Warp. -