POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help in compiling with Visual C++ 5.0 : Re: Help in compiling with Visual C++ 5.0 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help in compiling with Visual C++ 5.0
From: Stephan Vogt
Date: 31 May 1998 23:10:44
Message: <6kt64f$2o8$1@oz.aussie.org>
Now that you have a compile in Visual C++, it would be easy to split the
final image render into 2 threads so that it takes advantage of dual
processor machines like mine.  I would be interested in trying it out for
you.  My computer is a dual Pentium Pro 200 and I have been looking for
someone to do a recompile so that POV_Ray runs multi-threaded.

To increase the speed you might want to take a look at the PovPro readme
file.  Vadim lists a few things that he identified to speed up the program
execution.  If you don't have it, I can send it to you.

remove  "not"  to e-mail
Stephan