POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] language directives quick ref : [doc] language directives quick ref Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  [doc] language directives quick ref
Date: 13 Mar 2002 05:30:33
Message: <6k7u8u05us4bligo3ug6bgu6eqsvnpv643@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 b 12 for Win

(note: some suggestions are connected also with conventional part of SDL
refenrence - it is just simpler to dig on quick reference)

10.1.4.2  Identifier Declaration

  I can't find function() case in possible RVALUE

10.1.4.3  File Input/Output

  Considering discussion about array entries and final "something can be
  declared but not assigned" I suggest to change:
  DATA_IDENTIFIER:
    UNDECLARED_IDENTIFIER | (...)
  DATA_IDENTIFIER:
    UNDECLARED_IDENTIFIER | UNASSIGNED_IDENTIFIER | (...)

10.1.4.3  File Input/Output

  I suggest to add to File Input/Output quick ref section about EOF detecting.

10.1.4.8  Macro

  Describes MACRO_DEFINITION as
    #macro MACRO_IDENTIFIER ( ... ) SCENE #end
  where SCENE is:
    LANGUAGE_DIRECTIVE|CAMERA|LIGHT|OBJECT|ATMOSPHERIC_EFFECT|GLOBAL_SETTINGS
  So how it can return texture or function with macro ? I think good
  replacement could be:
    #macro MACRO_IDENTIFIER ( ... ) SCENE | RVALUE #end
  or as in conventional syntax frame:
    #macro MACRO_IDENTIFIER ( ... ) TOKENS #end

Additional feature request (but probably not a simple task): could it be
possible to replace all identifiers with links to aproprioate quick ref part ?

ABX