POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A halo in a lightbeam in a room with atmosphere : A halo in a lightbeam in a room with atmosphere Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  A halo in a lightbeam in a room with atmosphere
From: Harmen Mesker
Date: 17 May 1998 02:43:45
Message: <6jm0ur$347$1@oz.aussie.org>
Does anybody know if it's possible to
1. have a scene with the atmosphere option on
2. place a spotlight (making the atmosphere visible in the shape of a
cone)
3. place a (hollow) sphere with a halo in it in that lightbeam?

When I do this, the sphere itself, instead of the halo, becomes
visible as a bright white circle. When I place the sphere outside the
lightbeam the halo becomes visible; when I place the sphere only for a
part in the lightbeam, only the part in the lightbeam lights up, the
part outside the lightbeam shows the halo I want.

In other words: is it possible to show a halo in a lightbeam, with
atmosphere turned on?

Greetings,

Harmen Mesker.
You are welcome at my new Yi Jing Page: