POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Beveled "M" : Re: Beveled "M" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beveled "M"
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 13 May 1998 05:35:59
Message: <6jbpjq$bl7$1@oz.aussie.org>
Twyst wrote in message <6jbkor$bg6$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>Actually, there is a program that does FABULOUS bevelled text.
Unfortunately
>at this point, in only does DXF format, which doesn't seem to be converted
>properly by any converter, except for PolyTrans ( www.okino.com )

I used EleFont to make the MovieProject logotext.
I then imported the DXF file into Rhino (which reads it OK, while 3DWin
reads it but doesn't find any meshes). I then exported to 3DS and used 3DWin
to convert that to POV/UDO which I then loaded into Moray to texture it, set
the light, camera etc. and render.
I know that I could have exported POV/UDO directly from Rhino, but 3DWin
also smoothes the exported POV-Ray mesh, and the result looked nicer, so I
went the additional way.
All in all it was:
EleFont -> DXF -> Rhino -> 3DS -> 3DWin -> POV/UDO -> Moray -> Render.
:-)

Johannes.