POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animation question : animation question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  animation question
From: James RIchard Oliver
Date: 11 May 1998 19:22:30
Message: <6j8fpr$6so$1@oz.aussie.org>
I am a newbie with what is probably a really stupid question. I would like
to make a text object spin in place. The way I have it written, though, it
disappears after my first frame never to reappear. Could someone enlighten
me?

The following is the relevant part of my file =====

text
{
  ttf          // font type (only TrueType format for now)
  "c:\windows\fonts\verdanab.ttf",  // Microsoft Windows-format TrueType
font file name
  "Hello",   // the string to create
  .75,           // the extrusion depth
  0            // offset
pigment {color Red} finish {metallic brilliance 1 refraction 1} scale .35
translate -.75*x translate 4*y translate -145*z
rotate 0*y
rotate <0,360*clock,0> }

==== Thanks in advance!

Richard Oliver