POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Animation Tool : Animation Tool Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:10 EDT (-0400)
  Animation Tool
From: Mike Weber
Date: 6 May 1998 21:59:25
Message: <6ir4gk$d3b$1@oz.aussie.org>
I am working on a POV Animation Util during my spare time (which is after
work, after dinner, after play time with the kids, after they go to bed, and
after time with my wife) the uses existing POV source files and embeds clock
type variables.

After getting frustrated with spending too much time on calculating camera
and object positioning using the POV clock variable, I created (and still
developing) my Animator program.  It uses existing POV source files, and
allows the user to place variable names in key spots in the source file.
Then you select the number of frames to create, and away it goes.  The
variables are user defined in a tree view style (much like Microsoft Explore
directory listing).  The variables can be either a simple counter (1,2,3...
or 1.1, 1.2, 1.3) where the user defines the increment amount, and the
starting and stopping frames.  I also plan to add other types of counters
such as a sine function, looping counters, oscilatting (sp?) counters and
whatever else is needed.

Would anyone be interested in testing this software when I get to a beta
release?

--

Michel (Mike) Weber
-- We Must Stop Global Warming!! --