POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Totally lost : Re: Totally lost Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Totally lost
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 5 May 1998 05:26:00
Message: <6imm0p$70l$1@oz.aussie.org>
k <21e### [at] msncom> wrote in message <354E20BB.A45B2757@msn.com>...
>Well......thought I understood.  I still cant save file in .png.  ARGH!

In POV-Ray you don't *save* a file in *any* image format:

With the "Save/Save As" commands of the "File" menu you *save* a file in the
POV-Ray scene-description language (which is always text-format).

But if you render a scene, it is not only rendered to the screen, but the
image is also stored on the disk, usually in the same folder the scenefile
(POV-file) is stored in, with the same name (except for the extension) as
you POV-file (if you didn't change any settings).
And this stored file is an image-file. By default in TGA format, but with
the switches (as described in other answers to your posts) you can also save
to PNG, BMP etc.

Johannes.