POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Increasing dpi for printing : Re: Increasing dpi for printing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Increasing dpi for printing
From: Glen Adomovicz
Date: 29 Apr 1998 09:12:46
Message: <6i78t7$a8m$1@oz.aussie.org>
Wayne Earl wrote:
>I use Moray for Windows with POV-Ray 3.01 to do 3d prints. I was
>wondering if there was a way to increase the dpi settings in the
>renderer, to reflect the dpi of my printer? I've not been able to do
>this.

There is no way to increase the resolution for rendering. But you can
increase it after its done. I've done a couple of images that have gone to
print which need a resolution of 304.8 pixels per inch or 120 pixels per cm.
The one thing you will need is a program such as Photoshop that can change
the resolution of images. So before you start your rendering you will need
to make a dummy file in Photoshop at the size and resolution you will want
it to be. Then you can change the resolution to 72 pixels per inch and your
image size will increase. He is an example, let's say I want a final image
with 304.8 pixels per inch and the size to be 4x5 inches. You will make this
file in Photoshop and then change the resolution to 72 pixels per inch and
the size then goes up to 16.931x21.167 or 1219 x 1524 pixels. Now you can
use that size 1219x1524 to render to and when your done bring it into
Photoshop or any other paint program that can work with resolution and take
it up to 304.8 pixels per inch and the size will drop to 4x5 inches. If any
one has any other ways of doing this it would be interesting to know. Hope
this helps.
Glen