POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A Question about Bending : Re: A Question about Bending Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:11:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Question about Bending
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 22 Apr 1998 03:31:44
Message: <6hk6em$ap2$1@oz.aussie.org>
Wykan wrote in message <01bd6dbd$54e6cba0$17f239d1@wykan.siscom.net>...
>However, if I am understanding the included text (and it is quite possible
>that I am not -- I am new at this), the Bend.inc is only used with
>animation. Is this right?
>
>If this is correct, a second question suggest itself: What happens if you
>animate (bend) an object with an image map on it? Will the image map
>distort as the object bends, or bend with it?

Hi. I've never used the bend.inc (only looked at it), so I can't really
answer your second question.
But I see no reason why it shouldn't work with stills. From my short look it
seemed that it simply takes the "to-be-bent" object and cuts it into many
pieces/copies that it puts back together in the bend shape (that right?).
This should work with stills just as fine. And after all, what is an
animation, if not a series of stills...
Now, to your second question again: If my assumption of above is right, then
it might very well work with your image-map problem.

Johannes.