POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Linux? : Re: MORAY for Linux. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MORAY for Linux.
From: Twyst
Date: 21 Apr 1998 16:47:19
Message: <6hitbs$939$1@oz.aussie.org>
>Ok, I just want to clear this up. Most Linux people DON'T expect everything
written for
>linux to be free. The people who say that any software written for the
Linux platform
>should be free, are the same people who will never pay for shareware.
They're the people
>who want everything to be free, even the roof over their head. You can make
money off the
>Linux platform, but there is one very important thing you have to remember
when you write
>commercial software for Linux: It has to very well done. A good example is
>Accelx(www.xig.com). They write a commercial X server for Linux and various
other unices
>and a large number of their customers are Linux users, because their X
server is fast,
>stable and well written.

I stand corrected.
I am not a major Linux user, and everyone that I have come into contact with
continually slags on my OS of choice, Windows, because they say "Well,
everything's free for Linux...."
Sorry for the assumption.
=)

Re: Blender.. Again, same thing.. everyone who's mentioned it stresses that
it's free cuz it's on linux, or so it appears to me.... Again, not being a
Linux user, I have no incentive to go and read the website of software that
I'll never use. I took a quick look, liked what I saw, noted it was Linux
only, and that was it. =/

EFnet and NewNet #povray Channel Operator
Website: http://planet1.v-wave.com/twyst
E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom