POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray and Spatch? : Re: Moray and Spatch? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray and Spatch?
From: news povray org
Date: 21 Apr 1998 00:23:58
Message: <6hh713$58t$1@oz.aussie.org>
Well the export filter has it's problems as far as I'm concerned.  It
will export the patch to udo format.  However, there seem to be two major
problems with it.  The first being that the export filter does not export
different layers...which I found out the hard way after creating a complex,
multi-layered patch.   This means that you can only use one texture per
patch, which I don't like very much
There are simple work-arounds to this but it is a pain.  The second problem
is that I don't believe the exported patch is completely compatible with
Moray, and the patch comes out with seeming holes in it that aren't visible
when directly exported to pov-ray.
    All in all, the export filter needs some work but I think it's good for
minor     modelling.