POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Compact Disc Texture : Compact Disc Texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Compact Disc Texture
From: Quentin Baker
Date: 19 Apr 1998 01:35:26
Message: <6hc2f2$e3r$1@oz.aussie.org>
I've never been a supreme wizard at doing textures, but Moray has helped me
immensely.  What I'm trying to create is a texture to map onto a Compact
Disk object (essentially a disc with a hole in the center).  The coloring is
simple, but I'm trying to get the rainbow reflection to occur off of the
light sources.  The iridescence option doesn't seem to help out, although it
looks like the right direction.

Has anyone already rendered a CD, or a prism with a refracting rainbow?  If
so, any tips?  Thanks

Quentin Baker

PS, extreme thanks to Lutz Kretzschmar and the Moray crew for a top-notch
program!