POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Bug Report : Re: Bug Report Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug Report
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 10 Apr 1998 05:18:52
Message: <6gknpo$q8n$1@oz.aussie.org>
Hi Steve!

>Actually it is a really simple bug to correct, so maybe you didn't
understand
>the humor in my post.

No, I certainly didn't, and after reading it again, I still don't! This
"didn't see the humour" response seems to be more like a typical "Rude
post" -> "Angry reply" -> "Hey man, didn't mean it..." follow up.

>I beleive any
>programmer could simply look at the code and they would immediately find
the
>problem.

You may be perfectly right with that and nobody would dispute you the right
to post here, to mention a bug you (may) have found and ask if anyone has
fixed it or plans to.
It was you choice of words (and the attitude they let shine through) that we
didn't appreciate.

Now - I don't want to make a flame-war out of this (after all, among the
thing I like so much about news.povray.org is "almost no spam" and "no
flames" - raytracers are very polite people, really :-) , so I hope you
don't see the responses you got as personal attacks but more as hints what
you did wrong. And hopefully next time you wont get the same problems...

Johannes.