POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : CSG-Union vs. Merge |????<image-37kb> : Re: CSG-Union vs. Merge |????<image-37kb> Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG-Union vs. Merge |????<image-37kb>
From: David
Date: 10 Apr 1998 00:26:29
Message: <6gk72d$po2$1@oz.aussie.org>
You almost had Johannes...:)

  I made two spheres, diff'd the one out of the other, cut with a cube. Then
made four copies and unioned/merged them as needed..:) I'll give 3/4 of a
Cigar for that..:)

    As for the rest of your post. I think I understand. Merge only works
where two objects intersect. But, the inner walls of my sphere weren't
actually intersecting because the inner sphere was diff'd out.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question.

David

Johannes Hubert wrote in message <6ga4n2$b63$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>Do I understand your image correctly? You used 2 "shells" with each shell
>created as the difference of a sphere and a smaller sphere. You then made
>two CSGs, each out of two of these shells, one a Union and one a Merge. And
>you then made two more CSGs (differences this time) with the two former
CSGs