POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ** Visual Basic ** : Re: ** Visual Basic ** Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ** Visual Basic **
From: Twyst
Date: 9 Apr 1998 15:46:58
Message: <6gj59n$o90$1@oz.aussie.org>
>As the one who wrote the message you're referring to, I guess I have
>to respond.  You are exactly right; only the DLL has the ability to
>write to an editor window.  My philosophy is to wait and see what
>happens with POV 3.1, and if that's still the case, someone should
>write a replacement editor DLL in C with the same functionality as the
>existing one, but with the ability to insert text as well.  If no one
>else jumps up, I'll probably take that on myself, because I think
>being able to drop in modular object-design components would be a big
>win.  Imagine if CTDS or Torpatch were "built in" like this.

Actually, I remember seeing a Class Library for C++ that is a fullt function
editor, and it's free for freeware and shareware developers. =)
it can be found at http://www.sophists.com/Led/LedClassLib. Look there for
info.. I don't know enough C/C++ to integrate it. I'm just basically a
hacker. =P

AS for CTDS.. I'm actually surprised that someone else uses it! I have
written a VERY LIMITED converter for CTDS -> Moray UDO/Pov Inc files. It's
in VB.. It converts it just fine, but I don't know enough math to make the
UDO preview look like more than a line with a box at either end. :/ It also
will only do 1 string, or "worm" (if you use the WORM program), but it will
output either primitives, or blobs, using spheres and cones... ( cylinders
in the blobs). If anyone is interested, I can post the source here. it needs
some MAJOR work. =/ the UI is very basic, and there is minimal error
checking. Basically, I'm stuck at figuring out how to get it to support
multiple objects.

EFnet and NewNet #povray Channel Operator
Website: http://twyst.home.ml.org
E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom