POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Slope dependent textures : Re: Slope dependent textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slope dependent textures
From: Twyst
Date: 8 Apr 1998 23:20:28
Message: <6ghbfr$l4l$1@oz.aussie.org>
Ronald L. Parker wrote in message <352bd1e0.23963097@10.0.2.33>...
>On Wed, 8 Apr 1998 11:15:39 -0700, "Twyst" <sir### [at] hotmailcom>
>wrote:
>

>>I believe it was Ronald who suggested I do a "repository" for all the
custom
>>patches, and thus, I shall!
>>
>>If ANYONE has a patch they want to put on a website, I'll give it a home.
=)
>>Just e-mail me, and we can work out something.... :)
>
>Not necessarily a repository, but at least a directory.  The only
>directory I've found to date still lists a bunch of old 2.0 patches
>that don't work or are unnecessary for 3.0, and doesn't list a lot of
>new ones.
>
>Here's my current list of "patches I know about", copied from my
>Netscape Bookmark file.  The patch we're discussing in this thread
>hasn't made it in yet; nor have the ones on ftp.povray.org (or
>ftp.cdrom.com/pub/povray), mainly because they're mostly for 2.0.
>Some are missing good documentation, which is why that will be the
>most time-consuming part of my superpatch.

Great..
Ok. the question here is: Should I write the authors, and ask if I can offer
them on my site? Or just put a link?

hehe.. Either way, I've got to re-design my site. Man. The things you do for
Pov-Ray. =P

On another note: ( insert shameless site plug here )
I will soon be putting some reviews on my site, just as soon as I can get a
group of Pov users who are willing to rate apps.. I would *like* to review
ALL major apps on all platforms, as well as have a list of the top 15
indispensible .inc files... but I know that my opinion may differ from
someone elses, which is why I'd like to get at least 3 people's input on
each program.

EFnet and NewNet #povray Channel Operator
Website: http://twyst.home.ml.org
E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom